IPG LightWELD XC 1500, 10mHandheld Laser Welding Systems
Handheld Laser Welding & Cleaning System
LightWELD XC-1500 Handheld Laser Welding and Cleaning System, 10M cable
Integrated Laser Welding and Cleaning Unit Comprised of the
Fabricated steel structure enclosing the laser generator, system controller, panel displays and
• W 316 mm, D 641 mm, H 534 mm (12.5 x 25.2 x 21 ins)
• Integrated 10 meter (≈ 33 ft) umbilical connection to the Handheld Laser Welding Head
• Easy-carry handles
Laser Generator 1500 W Average, 2500 W Peak air cooled, Ytterbium Fiber Laser System housed
within the Base Unit.
• High Frequency Pulsed mode
• 50 micron diameter fiber with 10 m (≈ 33 ft) fiber delivery to the head
• Power adjustable from 10% to 100% of maximum output power
• Class-2M guide laser capable of producing a peak power of 1mW. Eye or skin exposure
should be avoided. Do not stare directly into beam or view with optical instruments.
Industrial grade controller housed within the base unit
• Provides control of all system functionality, laser parameters, gas flow, and monitoring of
safety interlock circuits.
• Interface via front panel controls and Ethernet port web-page GUI with programs selection
Front Panel Controls
• Rotary knob controls and displays for Laser Power, Wobble Length and Wobble Frequency
• Touch button access to Stored Process Modes for welding and cleaning
• System status indicators
• System enable keyswitch.
• Emergency Off (EMO) button
Handheld Laser Welding and Cleaning Head
• Optical configuration to deliver on-target beam diameter of 150 um (0.006 ins)
• Focal Length 120 mm
• On-axis red guide beam
• Wobble function: Linear beam scanning. Length 0-15 mm, Frequency 0-300 Hz
• 2-Position trigger control
• Integrated welding part touch safety sensor
• Integrated process gas delivery (Flow controlled by Base Unit)
• Four interchangeable precision welding nozzles for different joint configurations:
o 6 mm, Two points tip
o 9 mm, Two points tip
o One point tip
o Circle tip
• Two interchangeable precision cleaning nozzles for different joint configurations:
o Configurable Single Prong Cleaning Nozzle
Ball Nose Insert
Cone Point Insert
o Two Prong Cleaning Nozzle
Rear Panel Connections
• AC Power: 220V, 1 Ph, 50/60 Hz, 24 Amp.
• Power CONNECTOR, 30A 2P3W IP44 6H included.
• Customer to supply power cable.
• Welding Head I/O:
• Workpiece Clamp Circuit:
Process gas input 1⁄2
LightWELD Startup Kit is included with each LightWELD unit. Contains safety glasses, welding
helmet, nozzle kit, windows (5 piece), connector, user manual, plus additional ancillaries.