IPG LightWELD XR 1500, 10mHandheld Laser Welding Systems
Handheld Laser Welding & Cleaning System
LightWELD® XR-1500 Handheld Laser Welding and Cleaning System with eXtended Range, 10M cable
Integrated Laser Welding and Cleaning Unit Comprised of the Following:
LightWELD Startup Kit is included with each LightWELD unit. Contains safety glasses, welding helmet, nozzle kit, windows (5 piece), connector, user manual, plus additional ancillaries.
Fabricated steel structure enclosing the laser generator, system controller, panel displays and interface electronics:
• W 316 mm, D 641 mm, H 534 mm (12.5 x 25.2 x 21 ins)
• Integrated 10 meter (≈ 33 ft) umbilical connection to the Handheld Laser Welding Head
• Easy-carry handles
Laser Generator 1500 W Average, 2500 W Peak air cooled, Ytterbium Fiber Laser System housed within the Base Unit.
• High Frequency Pulsed mode
• Single mode output fiber with 10 m (≈ 33 ft) fiber delivery to the head
• Power adjustable from 10% to 100% of maximum output power
• Class-2M guide laser capable of producing a peak power of 1mW. Eye or skin exposure should be avoided. Do not stare directly into beam or view with optical instruments.
Industrial grade controller housed within the base unit
• Provides control of all system functionality, laser parameters, gas flow, and monitoring of safety interlock circuits.
• Interface via front panel controls and Ethernet port web-page GUI with programs selection
Front Panel Controls
• Rotary knob controls and displays for Laser Power, Wobble Length and Wobble Frequency
• Touch button access to Stored Process Modes for welding and cleaning
• System status indicators
• System enable key switch.
• Emergency Off (EMO) button
Handheld Laser Welding and Cleaning Head
• Optical configuration to deliver on-target beam diameter of 150 um (0.006 ins)
• Focal Length 120 mm
• On-axis red guide beam
• Wobble function: Linear beam scanning. Length 0-15 mm, Frequency 0-300 Hz
• 2-Position trigger control
• Integrated welding part touch safety sensor
• Integrated process gas delivery (Flow controlled by Base Unit)
• Four interchangeable precision welding nozzles for different joint configurations:
o 6 mm, Two points tip
o 9 mm, Two points tip
o One point tip
o Circle tip
• Three interchangeable precision cleaning nozzles for different joint configurations:
o Single prong Cleaning Nozzle for Inside Corners
o Single Prong Cleaning Nozzle for Outside Corners
o Two Prong Cleaning Nozzle for Flat Surfaces
Rear Panel Connections
• AC Power: 220V, 1 Ph, 50/60 Hz, 24 Amp.
• Power CONNECTOR, 30A 2P3W IP44 6H included.
• Customer to supply power cable.
• Welding Head I/O:
• Workpiece Clamp Circuit:
Process gas input ½